Bristol University flats fire started in pan of oil

An unattended pan of oil has been blamed for causing a fire which ripped through the roof of a student accommodation block in Bristol.

The blaze, on the top floor of the University of Bristol flats in Colston Street, is thought to have started in a kitchen at about 13:00 BST on Monday.

Steve Quinton, from Avon Fire and Rescue Service, said he was satisfied the cause of the fire was accidental.

Nobody was hurt but more than 100 students have had to be rehomed.

 

The full story is available at: BBC Website

Leave a Reply